Tuesday 10 June 2008

Congestion Charge in Manchester - now a reality

I can not hardly contain my excitment about the thought of the "congestion charge" in Manchester, sadly it is not coming in for a few years

It will mean less traffic in manchester and the roads leading into Manchester, also promisd capital sums of £1.6 billion to invest in the public transport, which is badly needed and hopefully evybody will start getting use to the idea years in adance

What will it mean to Crewe?

Hopefully any large companies wishing to locate in mManchester may just consider towns such as crewe to build teh new HQ's . So Crewe needs to be ready to court any firms that now have second thoughts on Manchester.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The government need to sort their books out first. Approx £120b collected each year, £12b spent on road... hold on theres the rest of the money gone? Theres plenty to invest in public transport if the government taxed properly...

Anonymous said...

Congestion Charge?
Extotion more like, Governments behaving like gangsters.

Anonymous said...

I live in Crewe and work in Manchester - I drive because if I left home at the same time and went by public transport, I'd arrive on average half an hour later than I do now, and the same is true for the reverse journey - and the difference in cost is marginal. I bet none of the proposed improved transport service will effect the Crewe - Manchester train service. But I'll have to lump it if the charge comes in - there's no way I can afford to pay that every day !!